Hey Everyone!
So this will probably be my last post before the end of the semester cuz I'm gonna be crazy busy!
As far as school goes, I'm hanging in there. Chemistry is a slow and painful way to die, but I've only got one lab, three tests, and three weeks left. I'm telling myself I can do it! :-) Biology was cool while we were talking about DNA and stuff like that, but now we're talking about plants and roots, so it's not nearly as fun. Book of Mormon is still a great class. Math is math- 'nuff said.
In my dance class, though, we're getting ready for our big competition on the 16th. I'm in a group that's doing the watlz, which made me happy to no end. I had so many ideas walking into that, so this week we're going to be hard at work stringing together a three minute routine. I'm way excited to try the partner change that I've been imagining in my head for weeks now. I'm also my group's "team leader", so I'm trying to get us together outside of class to practice since we only get four class periods to do anything. It should be way fun!
I also have a band concert coming up this week, but not the whole band is in it. It's called Patriots and Pioneers, and since we'll be playing in the BYU-I Center, we couldn't fit all 85 or whatever students that are in my band. I was kind of a default to play in it since there are only two bassoons in my band, but it should be a good concert :-) (By the way, if you're at BYU-I, I'm putting in the plug now that you should go get tickets and attend the concert!)
As for what I've been up to recently, well, we had a band concert yesterday at Driggs for a couple thousand people. I haven't played outside in a long time, so that was definitely a new experience. Most of our tunes were of a patriotic nature (surprise surprise), but we played way better than I was anticipating, especially after our bombed rehearsal on Friday. Once we were done playing, we listened to a guest speaker, Glenn Beck, until it was dark enough to do the fireworks show. Way cool. I've never been so close. They were lighting the fireworks not too far from where we were, so they were exploding right over our heads! We got home around 12:30, and I promptly went to bed.
Other than that, I'm just being a normal college student. Busy with school work, dancing, oh yeah, and White Glove is coming up, too. That'll just be a joy, like always. For those of you who don't know what white glove is, we have to clean our apartment super duper for the next people who come in. My head resident said that we should expect to spend about 15 hours working on white glove, but I'm definitely not putting in that kind of time because A) I don't have that kind of time and B) it really shouldn't take that long, nor could I stand to clean for that long.
So yeah, that's pretty much it for me. I'll catch ya later!
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment