Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mid Term Update

I'm Back!

So about half the semester is gone. We just finished midterms week, although it was a pretty normal week for me. I did like having Monday off of school. It made the rest of the week go by so much faster (not to mention I got a lot done). I vote we do that every week :-)

So what have I been up to? Well...not much out of the ordinary. Classes are keeping me plenty busy, especially chemistry and biology. Sometime I have to ask myself why I decided to be a biology major. But no worries, I'm hanging in there. Everything else is fairly easy. But then, I guess none of my other classes are really for my major. Music and dance really have nothing to do with it. Book of Mormon is a fun class. My teacher is funny and really nice, but he'll be out of the country for the next month. That doesn't mean I get out of class, though (bummer). He has a sub lined up for us. Math has kind of just been whatever. The homework is all online, and my quizzes are prep for class, and I get an unlimited number of tries on those. We've only had one real test and a couple of projects.

But lest you think I'm studying too much, never fear. I definitely still get out and dance (probably more than I should, but oh well). Wednesday nights are easily the best. Swing people are just so much fun! There really isn't a whole lot to tell, though. I did learn an awesome new partner move yesterday at the swing workshop that I've been dying to learn forever :-) It made my day.

Oh, and I got called as Relief Society Secretary. It's kind of weird to sit up front during RS. There hasn't been anything major there, though. We're working on trying to get some activities together, but nothing much has happened yet.

And big news away from Rexburg: I've had two friends leave on their missions in the last couple of months. They're both going to South America: one to the Chile Santiago West mission, and the other to the Brazil Salvador South mission. I've written to both of them already and can't wait to hear back from them!

And I guess I'll throw this out there since my school does have a reputation: no, I don't have a boyfriend. No, I haven't been on any dates. No, there's no one in particular that I'm really interest in. (I know you were all just dying to know.)

Well, I think that about covers it. Maybe I'll post again before the end of the semester ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment