Friday, October 1, 2010

You Know, I'm Running Out of Witting Comments for Titles

Well, I'm in one of my favorite places on BYU-I campus: the laundry room! Ok- I'm kidding, it's not one of my favorite places. It actually reminds me how much it costs to do laundry, and that is kind of depressing.

Anyway, it's been a long week. I went to swing dance workshop last Saturday morning, which was fun. We learned the 20's Charelston (forgive me if I butchered that). It's interesting, but took some getting used to. I also went to ballroom workshop last night- lots o' fun there! They taught us Viennese waltz. I had been wondering if there was a different between that and the regular waltz. Is there ever! I really like it, though. They also taught us Rumba, which was very similar to Cha Cha, so I picked up on it fast since they had already taught the latter. In general, I think I like ballroom better than swing, but I'll still do both. :-)

What else? Well, I've been practicing bassoon for at least an hour every day. Some sessions go better than others. It's just a long time to practice, especially in one sitting. But I love my master class. Dr. Adams has signed us up for a Star Recital in November, so we're preparing for that. And on Wednesday, I got to see a contrabassoon for the first time. Might sound mundance, but I've always wanted to see one! It was super exciting. Contra is so low! ha ha. Loved it!

Last night, I was purusing MSN, and I saw an article about Cold Stone giving away free ice cream. Anna and I looked at the article, and we were like 'We are going!' It was a girl's event for Make-a-Wish. She wanted to have her own ice cream flavor and the biggest ice cream social ever. I rather liked her flavor (it was an apple pie kind of flavor) but not many other people did. Oh well, Their loss!

General Conference is this weekend, too. I'm staying on campus, but my roommates and I are hoping we can just watch it from our dorm or the lounge because we don't really want to go to the Taylor or Hart building. Our first options sound much more comfy. :-) And I think our final concensus was that we are not inviting any boys over.

Ok, I don't really have anything else to say, so I'm going to just end this...

The End :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment