Sunday, October 24, 2010

October Review

It's the end of the month, and I've hardly blogged at all! Sorry about that. Things have been kind of crazy! Imagine that. I'm busy in college. Who'd've thunk it?

I have of course been continuing with all my dancing stuff. What would I do without my dancing? I definitely like ballroom better than swing, but it's all fun. :-) Recently I've learned somba, more Vienesse waltz, more tango, blues, and other things that I can't think of right now. I wasn't sure about blues at first, but I love it now. Plus, I'm meeting tons of awesome people through all these social dances. :-)

Speaking of dance, yesterday (10/23/2010) I got to spend pretty much all days at a swing workshop. We had our regular workshop 10-12 then lunch at Jerad's house. When we got to the dance studio, our group was pretty much the workshop. Lol. There were a couple other people, but BYU-I swing kids was pretty much it. This workshop was taught by a professional couple. We started off by learning shag, which is something I've never even heard of until I got up here. It's ok, but I don't think it's my favorite. So after we were done with shag, we spent a few hours learning Lindy Hop technique. That was fun. My swing friends were ready to pee themselves with excitement at everything we were learning. I can't remember anything specific we did for Lindy, though. My brain was exploding from information overload. It was great! :-D The last thing we did was Tandum Charelston. I have a new found love for Charleston, but I wasn't very good at what we were doing. I hope we do some more of it at our regular workshops on Saturday mornings. When the workshop was over, I went back to Jerad's for dinner with some other people. They're hilarious people. Weird, but hilarious. We had about an hour, and then we went back to the studio for a dance with a live band. Epicness! I had so much fun! It was a long day, but I won't complain about getting to dance for 10 hours!

Ok, so yeah. I love dancing. Just in case you missed that. :-) We had a temple trip on Friday morning at 6...in the morning. That was an early day, but it was good. We had a huge turn out. The bishopric said it was the best turn out they've seen in a while. Hurray BYU-I 86th ward!

Earlier in the month, we had a stake dance. I don't think I've blogged about this yet. Ha ha. Maybe I had. If so, you can just skip over this. It's just like stake dances back home. Pretty much the same type of music (and a lot of the exact same songs) and no one really knows how to dance. Lol. That's ok. We had a lot of fun, anyway. Just not as much fun as swing/ballroom dance. Ha ha.

Well, that's it for now. I've got to go do other productive things before fun stuff later. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment