Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Life as a Freshman

Hey there!

So here I am blogging again. I'm getting good at this! :-D Hurray! Now you can keep up with my oh-so-exciting college life.

So anyway, I guess you want to hear about that oh-so-exciting life. I've been to a couple of dance workshops. On Thursday night, I went to Ballroom. That was cool. I learned how to waltz (better) and the cha cha. I love the waltz. That is one of the best dances ever invented. And of course it did help that the dance instructor was way cute! He tried out for the dance team, so he's way good, too. I got to dance with him a lot because there weren't enough guys at the instruction. Ha ha. It made me happy. :-) On Saturday, I went to the Swing workshop. They taught the Lindy Hop. That was one I had never done before. Although, let's be fair- I only know West Coast swing dance. It was interesting. We did this "Connection Exercise" where the follow had to close her eyes and let the lead...well, lead her around. I did not like it at all. Being blind sucks. The point, though, was to be able to respond to his "commands" if you will, just by his touch. Lindy Hop was fun!

Oh, let's see. Ok. FHE (which is Family Home Evening for you non-Mormon folk out there). On Monday, our ward got together at my bishop's house and met our FHE groups. There are nine groups in my ward. My FHE brothers are all RM (which is Return Missionary for all you non-Mormon folk out there) except for one, who just got his mission call. We'll see how that goes. When we were in the group, it was hard to talk to them. It reminded me of the slow dances where you're trying to talk to the guy, but you're forcing conversation on him. Not fun. So we'll see...

Ok, what else should I write about? I'm sure classes aren't that interesting to you ;-) No one cares about school, anyway. Hey. Friday night! Ha ha. We went to the apartment of one of the guys in my ward because they invited us for dinner and games. Dinner was good. I'm so proud of those boys for cooking. lol. The first game we played was...for lack of a better title 'The Number Guessing Game". One person is in the center with a spray bottle (but we didn't have a spray bottle; we used a cup of water) and thinks of a number. He or she goes around the circle of people, and they have to guess what the number is. You don't want to be the person who gets the number, though, because you get sprayed (or splashed) in the face. So, I get in, and only put a little water in the cup. The guy who got splashed proceeded to fill the cup with (roughly) five ounces of water. The cup was a quarter full; I kid you not. Guess who got the magic number? Yeah. Me. I was dripping and drenched, but I thought it was hilarious! My rommates told me that they were glad it was me because they would not have handled it well at all. So then we went to the next game. It was called 'What If'. You write down a question that starts with 'What if-' and someone else answers it. It was a funny game.

And I think that pretty much brings you up to speed on things. I'm enjoying college for the most part; there are just a few little things I wish I didn't have to do (i.e. classes), but I'm making the most of it. :-)

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment