Hi there!
So I'm really posting again. In case you've lost track of where I am, I am living in Ankeny because it is my off track, and I figure free groceries/rent sound pretty darn good.
There's really not a whole lot going on with me right now. I came home for Christmas, and it was pretty quiet. I didn't really do anything for New Years because I had no one to go out with. Now I'm working on trying to find work. It's kinda getting frustrating because I've submitted several applications, set up two interviews, and nothing has panned out. I realize no one wants to higher on for 12 weeks, but it just kinda sucks for me. Sorry, pity part over.
I was also going to take a SCUBA certification class so I could get that out of the way (I figure it's important if I want to get a job at an aquarium some day), but there wasn't enough enrollment in that, so it got canceled. That was a bummer, but I get my $250 back, so I'm trying to count it at least as a half win.
That leaves me with a 4 credit online Spanish class to occupy my time. What else am I doing you might ask. Well, I've taken up going to the gym at least three or four times a week to either to swimming or get into the weight room. That and running a few errands usually kills about two hours. I get to play chauffeur for my siblings quite often, and I run over to the library every now and then to see if there is anything worth checking out.
Other than that, my live is pretty unexciting. I never met Mr. Right before I left Rexburg, so no long hours on Skype for me :-P My roommates were actually disappointed about the SCUBA class being canceled because they wanted me to meet some nice LDS guy at the class so they could laugh at the irony.
And on a quick side note, I survived Chemistry...barely. And I'm no longer playing bassoon. I decided midway through the semester that instead of minoring in Spanish, I wanted to take two clusters (which are basically mini minors): Spanish and dance. I've decided that when I'm all grown up, I want to teach social dance, so I'll be taking a lot more dance classes to help me prepare for that :-D That didn't leave me a lot of room to do music. I love it, but I can't afford to spend 11-15 hours a week on music for two credits that don't go towards anything. Plus, with the way things are going, I'll need a job when I go back to school, so that will open up time for me to make some money.
Well, what else would you like to waste your time reading about? Nothing is coming to my mind right now, but if you have something you would like me to write about, shoot me a message on Facebook or email or text or whatever, and I'll see if I can fit it into my busy schedule ;-P
Kristin
P.S. Totally looking forward to the apocalypse this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment