So this is about the third blog I've tried to do. Maybe I'll actually post on this one. Ha ha. Anyway, I guess I'll tell you about my summer, even though it hasn't been the most exciting.
I've pretty much been working. I babysit for the bishop's neighbors (thank you Kathy!) Monday through Friday 7:30-1:30. They are pretty good kids, for the most part. On the bad days, I just remind myself that their parents are paying me really good money, so I can put up with them for x more hours. (That doesn't stop me from running out the door when mom gets home, though.) Sophie swims, so she's actually gone for part of the time I watch them. Recently, they've been on a Wii kick. I've had the pleasure of singing High School Music and playing Mario Race Kart and Winter Olympic sports on the Wii. Just for the record, I much prefer Mario Race Kart on the good old N64.
I also work at Subway. It's not necessarily a hard job, but I've sold my weekends to them, so I don't like it all that much. I do the closing shift, so I work from 5 until 11, but then there's still some clelaning and stuff to do. It's also a solo job for the most part. My evening person leaves by 7 or 7:30 usually, unless we're extremely busy. Then he leaves by 8. I'll admit, they're closing proceedure is a little weird. I actually have to take all the food down and do most of the cleaning before it technically closes. Reason is: we close at 11; they want me out of there by 11:15, which doesn't usually happen. So it's a job, but one I'm looking forward to leaving behind when I go to college.
I also started doing YSA stuff (which is Young Single Adult for you non-Mormon folk out there). We have a good number of YSA kids in my congregation, but we do an activity with the YSA branch in Ames every week. I love my YSA group! They're so fun and welcoming. I've missed out on some of the big activities because of work (like the camping/boating trip), but Thursday nights are great! We've played ultimate frizbee and frizbee golf, gone to the Science Center, made tootsie rolls, swimming and movie night at the Stake Young Mens president's house, and tie dyed shirts. I'm sure there are other things, but that's what I remember right off the top of my head.
A couple weeks ago, I also had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I was expecting agony and misery after the surgery because of everyone's reaction when I told them, but it really wasn't that bad. Thank you hydrochodone! The pill was nasty, but it really helped with the pain. And thanks to Julie Watson for the advice that got me through the first day! I just chilled in my room for the first few days watching movies on my laptop and purusing Facebook. The worst part was my limited diet. I never thought I'd get sick of ice cream, but I quickly did. I got excited one night when I realized we had oatmeal I could make because it wasn't jell-o, pudding, or ice cream. I was slightly amused by that.
So now I've got six weeks before I leave for college. If you haven't heard yet, I'm going to BYU-Idaho. I'm leaving on Sept 3 right after the half time marching band show at the high school football game. I'm way excited to go out. I've been talking to my roommates on Facebook and can't wait to meet them in person. I also somehow managed to get all the classes I wanted at the time I wanted them at. I'll be taking Book of Mormon, biostatistics, science foundations, American foundation, Spanish, and music for my bassoon scholarship. In the mean time, I've still got a lot of preparing to do. There's a million things to get for my dorm, not to mention books and regular school supplies. I can just see all the money I made this summer slipping away as my list gets longer. Who needs money in college anyway? Oh...wait...
So, yeah. That's pretty much it for now. Maybe I'll get good at this blogging thing and actually update it occasionally. College life will be interesting to write about. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment